- Assessment of the neonate
- Specialized equipment
- Expected weight gains
- Formula selection and preparation
- Weaning techniques
- Common medical problems
Detailed chapters are devoted to the following animals:
- Domestic animals: puppies, kittens, ferrets, sugar gliders and rabbits
- Farm animals: foals, kids, llamas and piglets
- Wildlife: squirrels, opossums, raccoons, rabbits, deer, foxes, bears, bats, and hedgehogs
- Zoo animals: ungulates, non-domestic equids, exotic felids, polar bears, elephants, rhinoceroses, macropods, pinnipeds, large and small primates, lemurs and sloths.
Dr. Laurie Gage is well known for her work and expertise in the rearing of seals, sea lions and walruses and has experience in rearing many other mammalian species.
Table of ContentsIntroduction; Carnivores; Hoofed Stock; Camelids; Macropods; Marsupials; Rodents; Lagomorph; Hedgehogs; Pinnipeds; Cetaceans; Perissodactyla; Proboscidae; Primates; Prosimians; Procyonidae; Mustelidae; Pigs; Sciuridae; Bats; Index
|Page Count||Over 200|